Saturday, September 21, 2013

Australian Rules Football

I got in from work this morning and flipped on the TV and discovered one of the Fox Sports channels was showing an Aus Rules football game. Which was sweet because I remember when that's all ESPN seemed to show when they first went on the air, so there was an element of nostalgia attached to watching the game.  I still can't tell that there are more than 3 or 4 rules but that only adds to the enjoyment. I did discover an element to the scoring rules that I hadn't perceived before but other wise not much has changed. The refs no longer wear what looked to me like British Police Bobby uniforms. One thing about the game is its near constant action and I'd never noticed how huge the field is, and its oval shaped.  I ended up taping the last half of the game to watch later but I doubt that the  Sidney Swans were going to make up the 30+ point deficit  that Fremantle had on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment